Tensions are rising again in between China and India. It may be that China is ahead of us in arms, but India’s military power is no less than any other country. Defense experts believe that India has now become more advanced in defense system. Recently, soldiers of both the countries clashed near the Galvan Valley in Ladakh, in which many soldiers were lost their life and many were injured from both sides.
According to the Hindi newspaper, if we compare India and China’s military power in today’s time, then India is absolutely ready to deal with any situation.
- In 2020 China has 46,35,000 soldiers, while India has 34,68,000 soldiers.
- Well China’s latest defence budget is around USD 179 billion, India’s defence budget is USD 66.9 billion, which is 2.7 times less than China.
- If we talking talking about fighter jets, China has 1385 and India has 1099 fighter aircrafts.
- China has 4788 armed vehicles while India has 7205.
- China has 13 thousand ballistic missiles, while India has 8 thousand.
- China and Pakistan has more nuclear warheads than India. According to SIPRI 2020, China and Pakistan have 320 and 160 nuclear missiles while India has 150 nuclear warheads.
On the other hand India speed up deal with Russia to buy fighter jets. As per the IAF’s plan, 21 MiG-29s and 12 Su-30MKIs will be acquired from Russia. The total value of this deal at around 5,500-6,000 crores.
India is also buying Heron TP Drone from Israel. This fighter drone is equipped with air to ground target and able to destroy enemies missile in the air. The best part of this Heron-TP drone which is operated by single person sitting in control room.